Purpose of the Role
- To manage the day to day running of the Network Operations Centre based in Plymouth.
- To provide monitoring and 1st and 2nd line technical support to our clients/employees.
- To provide additional support to the Head of Client Services, Software Support Team Leader and Delivery Manager when required.
- Provide 24/7 monitoring of client’s servers and video streams.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for issues, fixing those where possible and passing others on to the relevant teams.
- Ensure that all issues and resolutions are logged in the help desk.
- Provide training / documentation to other operational staff within the support team and Network Operations.
- Share best practices identified in daily work with members of other teams.
- Good knowledge and experience in using AWS technologies or similar.
- Good knowledge and experience in using monitoring tools such as Zabbix and CloudWatch or similar.
- Good knowledge and experience with Linux and Windows servers.
- Good knowledge and experience in an infrastructure, network operations or software support role.
- Provide internal support to VUALTO employees and offices.
- Occasionally attend industry seminars and technical training.
- Good knowledge and experience supporting business-based customers with bespoke projects and VUALTO products.
- Good knowledge and experience working with other technical teams/companies.
- Management of the Network Operations Centre and its five employees:
– create and manage training & development schedules including the
management of the apprenticeship schemes.
– creating and assigning tasks
– absence from work/overtime management including cover.
- Manage the department rota – including arranging cover for holidays.
- Manage the NOC calendar – keeping it up to date and running smoothly.
- Creating incident reports where needed.
- Provide the Head of Client Services with monthly KPI reports.
- Provide the Head of Client Services with monthly team performance reports.
- Attend management meetings where required.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of support systems and practices.
- Answer the support phone.
- Escalate critical issues by phone to the relevant person if working the out of office hours shift – following an escalation rota.
- Be on hand to help other departments where needed. (This needs to be
authorised with Technical Support Manager or Senior Software Support Engineer)
- Continuously looking at ways of saving the company money.
Core Competencies of the Role
- Very flexible (Ideal candidate must be able to cover NOC teams holidays/sickness sometimes at short notice). Minimum 2 years in a similar management role.
- Excellent people skills.
- Ability to work to service level agreements and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to write documentation for both internal and client use.
- Ability to train colleagues on support processes.
- Fast learner.
Reports to: Head of Client Services
Escalates to: Chief Technical Officer
Location: Plymouth City Centre