Senior Technical Support Engineer for VUALTO, a JW Player Company
Support Engineers at VUALTO, a JW Player Company, enjoy the unique opportunity to interact with content creators, publishers, advertisers and video audiences at the code level. They dive into customer code, expertly implementing to ensure a premium online video viewing experience, while gaining exposure to all of the pieces that form the growing online video ecosystem.
Support Engineers are a critical component of VUALTO’s customer success and rapid growth. Our ideal candidate is a fast learner, with a diverse set of technical skills. You will excel at multitasking and work well in a fast-paced, and self-starting environment.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for liaising and managing clients on daily basis, attending regular review meetings.
- Attend regular company meetings to contribute towards and make decisions on future processes and solutions.
- Demonstrate expertise in supporting business-based clients with bespoke projects and products.
- Have the ability and confidence to make department decisions if the technical lead is not present.
- Stand-in as line manager if the department line manager is not present.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of support systems and practices.
- Minimum 3+ years in a similar role.
- Experience with Video Streaming technologies and an understanding of Network Fundamentals.
- Experience with providing 2nd and 3rd line support to clients.
- Ability and confidence to make technical decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Experience writing documentation for both internal and client use, and delivering internal training.
- Have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Methodical and disciplined problem solver with fault-finding attributes.
- Self motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with EC2, Cloudfront, S3, Cloudwatch, Zabbix or Nagios.
- Experience navigating and troubleshooting Linux and Windows operating system.
When you join VUALTO, a JW Player company, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you, and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Private health insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Generous holiday.
- WFH stipend when company requires WFH due to pandemic.
- Days Off for Mental Health & Wellbeing.
- Development Reimbursement Program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reports to: Head of Client Services
Escalates to: Chief Technical Officer
Location: Plymouth or Bristol based OR Remote, with occasional trips for company meetings.