VUALTO have worked with European Parliament for the last 4 years, delivering hundreds of parliamentary meetings from Brussels and Strasbourg. The European Parliament make use of the VUALTO CONTROL HUB (VCH) to schedule, manage and monitor the live streams which are available in 24 languages.
Earlier this year, the European Parliament requested the ability to provide a portal for MEPs and their assistants to allow the easy creation of video clips from ongoing live streams. These clips would be generated for distribution on their chosen social media channels or shared via email.
The key requirements were to provide:
- A dedicated User Interface which is very easy to use with quick clip selection.
- A separate login for each user giving them access to their generated clips.
- The ability for the user to share clips with their chosen Facebook, YouTube and Twitter accounts.
- The ability to clip from any of the stored VOD or live streams that are in progress at the European Parliament.
- The ability to take multiple clips from a single live stream and stitch them together to generate a new clip.
- The ability to provide metadata that will accompany the clip on social media, enabling users to easily search for specific content.
- The ability to select the language of the clip prior to clip generation.
To meet all of the above demands and more, VUALTO implemented CLIP2VU, our easy-to-use clipping solution that provides a convenient way to select and generate frame accurate clips for sharing to social media and other destinations. By using the thumbnail slider, users can select the exact frames to start and end their clip. Metadata can be added and then syndicated immediately or scheduled. Clips can be taken from any of the 20 live streams, or the entire VOD archive of past meetings. CLIP2VU supports multiple audio tracks.
By providing this tool, VUALTO has given the MEPs a very easy way to share their parliamentary activity on their own social media accounts. The added language facilities mean that the clips can be shared in the most appropriate language for the viewers. CLIP2VU is simple to use and has enabled us to make our streams more accessible to audiences. We look forward to the next phase of the project.”
The next phase of CLIP2VU for European Parliament is to make use of speaker and agenda metadata. Allowing the MEPS to create multiple clips based on speaker name or by subject, will provide an extremely fast way of disseminating the work of the Parliament out to social media users and allow the easy creation of ‘highlight’ clips on a particular subject.
CLIP2VU is part of the VUALTO CONTROL HUB (VCH) product set. CLIP2VU can be used standalone or in conjunction with VCH.